Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Iron Chef's Dinner Solution in 5 Minutes Flat

I was watching a bit of The Chew this morning and I was intrigued by Michael Symon's Italian Goulash he made during the segment "5 in 5". That is, 5 ingredients in 5 minutes. Tonight is soccer night and after homework, we have to get out the door pretty fast, so I thought I would give it a try. I have almost everything on hand, and it will be better than the chicken fingers I had planned. (Yes, even the best of us use chicken fingers on occasion)

I have a busy afternoon planned, getting ready for my sister-in-law to visit from California on the weekend. We are having a family dinner on Friday when we are planning grilled chicken, grilled asparagus, baked potatoes and spinach salad. (Strawberry Crumble Pie for dessert) More about that meal another day.

I'd been a while since I've tried a recipe from a celebrity chef, but it did look easy enough for a weekday meal and something my family would actually eat. It's based on a classic Italian dish, sausage and peppers, served over egg noodles. I think I'll add some extra vegetables to mine, like tomatoes and zucchini. Also, I don't have fresh basil at the moment - I'll probably use a bit of dried, or some pesto.

So, between loads of laundry and other chores, I'll get my prep done - chopping vegetables etc. You could do this part the night before and either wrap in plastic wrap, or place in a resealable container if you are unavailable during the day.

So, what's for dinner tonight?

Michael Symon's Italian Goulash

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Italian-Goulash-Twist-Michael-Symon

This is exactly the kind of recipe I like for those nights during the week when time is precious. I like to have my prep and clean up done in advance for easy assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment